Find a dietary assessment tool that can be used either generally or for a specific alteration in health.
When you have found your assessment tool, answer the following questions:
• What is the purpose of this tool?
• Do you believe that the purpose is fulfilled based on the questions being asked? Why?
• In what ways does the tool account for the individual perceptions and needs of the client?
• Is there a nutritional history included? What does it cover?
• Is the tool easy to use? Why or why not?
• Does the tool provide enough information to determine next steps or interventions? Explain.