When preparing for your discussion post on this case, it is recommended that you read through it several times.
• Read through it the first time to familiarize yourself with the prompt.
• On the second reading, consider your assigned role in the situation, and let that guide your perspective.
• Look deeper at the details: facts, problems, organizational goals, objectives, policies, strategies.
• Next, consider the concepts, theories, tools and research you need to use to address the issues presented.
• Then, complete any research, analysis, calculations, or graphing to support your decisions and make recommendations.
McDonald’s restaurants are located around the globe and are among the leading purveyors of fast food. This case study examines McDonald’s globalization strategies, focusing on six factors. As you read, consider the cultural differences that McDonald’s has to consider as they market their product in various countries.
Read McDonald’s: A Case Study in Glocalization
(Links to an external site.)
and review the module resources. Answer the questions about the case study. Make sure to support your answers with relevant scholarly resources.
- In the discussion forum, answer the following:
a. Analyze how McDonald’s has adapted their marketing and product positioning to address cultural differences they encounter across the globe. Why have their adaptations worked?
- In response to your peers, consider their analysis of McDonald’s adaptations and propose an additional or alternative adaptation that would take cultural differences into consideration when marketing in other countries.