In this paper, you will conduct a business analysis of a business of your choice. You will develop a research question and demonstrate how you could use qualitative and quantitative research methods to arrive at the best answers for the business. After creating your operations management or global supply chain research question, demonstrate how to apply quantitative and qualitative research methods to determine the solution. The goals of the research could be to identify, analyze, and mitigate risk in the organization. For example, for quantitative issues, you could locate global supply chain threats, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures; compliance laws; risk assessment, mitigation and continuity, and disaster recovery planning or other business or global supply chain problems you decide to choose. You could also analyze statistical issues and pricing issues. For example, you could research global risk issues and geopolitical issues involving operations management and the global supply chain for qualitative topics. Start with how what, or why and look at connections or relations between phenomena. Provide a summary of qualitative and quantitative research tools most often used techniques and determine the best tools to use. Keep in mind how you will use the knowledge gained from the research to help the organization.
In preparation for this activity, please be sure to have read and viewed the following:
• Orau.gov. Differences Between Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods (Links to an external site.)
• QuestionPro. Qualitative Research: Definition, Types, Methods and Examples (Links to an external site.)
• Pickell, D. (2021). Qualitative vs Quantitative Data – What’s the Difference? (Links to an external site.)
• Mr. Sinn. (2019). Qualitative and Quantitative Research. [Video, 04:29]. YouTube.
• Wade, T. (2017). Qualitative & Quantitative Research – An Introduction (Links to an external site.)
. [Video, 08:52]. YouTube.
Choose a company of interest to you or one that you have had experience with, and respond to the following questions:
• Provide a brief summary of the company’s history of operations management.
• Develop a research question and demonstrate how you could use qualitative and quantitative research methods to arrive at the best answers for the business.
• Provide a summary of qualitative and quantitative research tools most often used techniques and determine the best tools to use.
• Describe how you will use the conclusions from your research to help the company.